Coastal Fiber customers may be eligible for financial assistance from two federal programs administered by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program to help low-income households pay for Internet service and connected devices. If your household is eligible, you can receive up to a $30/month discount on your Internet service.
The ACP reduces subscribers’ bills for broadband Internet access service and certain related equipment charges. The benefit is non-transferable, is limited to one discount per household, and is temporary in nature. If a subscriber chooses to continue to receive Coastal Fiber broadband service if the ACP program ends, the subscriber will be subject to CoastConnect’s undiscounted rates and general terms and conditions.
If you are approved for the program, you will need to contact us at (833) 434-3311 to select a plan and have the ACP discount applied to your bill.
Get more information and apply now.
The Lifeline Program
Lifeline is the FCC’s program to help make communications services more affordable for low-income consumers. Lifeline provides subscribers a discount on qualifying broadband Internet service, monthly telephone service, or bundled voice-broadband packages purchased from participating wireline or wireless providers. The discount helps ensure that low-income consumers can afford 21st-century broadband and the access it provides to jobs, healthcare, and educational resources. As Coastal Fiber rolls out our services, we will provide Lifeline applications and guidelines so that we may begin making eligibility determinations.
The Lifeline program in Georgia through Coastal Fiber Offers reduced rates for phone and Internet service for people receiving assistance from these programs:
- SNAP (formerly Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Sect. 8)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- National School Free Lunch Program (NSL)
- VA Veterans Survivors Pension
- VA Veterans Pension (Supplemental Income for Wartime Veterans)
Services Available at Reduced Rate:
- Internet For Residential Customers Starting at $59.00/Mo. (Speeds Of 500 Mbps)
- Phone For Residental Customers Starting At $19.99/Mo. (Unlimited Nationwide Calling Includes Caller ID, Call Waiting, and More.)
Learn More at www.lifelinesupport.org or Apply! Call 833-434-3311
Unresolved complaints concerning Lifeline service can be directed to the Georgia Public Service Commission’s Consumer Affairs Unit at (404) 656-4501 or (800) 282-5313.